Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Article Index
How does affiliation work?
Why provide assistance?
What does it cost?
All Pages


Information for Employers: How does affiliation work?

Employers can affiliate to Employee Counselling Service at a very reasonable cost (contact us for further details).  This gives all their employees access to 24hour support for a wide range of personal and work-related problems.

Employers can promote the service direct to employees for self-referral.  Information cards are provided for all employees giving them a free phone 0800 number to contact the helpline 24hrs a day, seven days per week all year.


Appointments for Structured Counselling are available in various locations around England.  Structured telephone counselling is available for employees who cannot attend in person (The cost of the telephone call will be met by ECS).

Employers are supported by our Customer Service team who provide them with comprehensive regular reports on how many of their employees have used the service and the types of issues they have raised.

Employers may also use the service for employer referrals.  The employer receives reports of attendance and a general statement of progress.  This can be a useful contribution to procedures for dealing with work performance problems or sickness absence.

Quality Charter: Our commitments for employer referrals?

  • The report of an assessment interview will be posted within 4 working days of the appointment;
  • A monthly report will be sent thereafter detailing attendance and giving a general statement of progress;
  • When the case is closed a final report will be sent indicating the reason for closure;
  • Each employee will be provided with an appointment card on which attendance will be recorded;
  • Counsellors will be available for general discussion and advice within the bounds of confidentiality agreed.


If an employer is dissatisfied in any way with the service provided they may take this up with the Senior Counsellor or Director.  If they remain dissatisfied they can make direct representation to the Committee of Management or an independent assessor.  They can also raise their concerns with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or the Confederation of Scottish Counselling Agencies (COSCA).